What are some of the effective laundry cleaning tips? Whether you’re a mother of five or more, chances are more than laundry has become an everyday part of life. At times, the idea of ever defeating the “dirty pile” can seem overwhelming.
In hopes of helping you win the wash war, it’s important to learn how to a washing machine correctly. It is not uncommon to make laundry mistakes sometimes. However, you can still do something to correct those errors.
This article will provide you with useful tips on how to use your washing machine correctly to clean your clothes safely and effectively. It will also provide you with information on how to select a laundry service provider in Singapore.
The content in the washer must be able to move freely to get clean completely.
This is beneficial in terms of energy-saving because you can take advantage of the left-over heat from the previous load, which the washer does not need to get reheated all over again from scratch.
This is because the washing machine needs to be heated up for it to clean effectively. Placing a machine in a cool place will make it work less effectively compared to if it is placed in somewhere less cold.
Coffee /Tea pre-soak the items in liquid detergent with bleach for at least 10 hours. Wash using the hottest temperature, which is safe for the specific fabric. Blood (dried or fresh) – rinse new blood stains in cold running water with soap. Prewash the item with the dried blood stain using chlorine-free bleach.
Add some pinches of salt to the washer with the detergent. Colored clothes will regain their brightness with such wash.
Silk shawl, lace-trimmed skirt, beaded blouse do not need to get into the washer. Instead, you can stuff them into a cotton case and knot it well before washing them under cold water with soap.
Comforter, bedspreads, king size blankets, and curtains should be washed separately.
Set your washer’s washing time to be 10 minutes max or less. It is sufficient for the detergent to complete all its necessary washing by then. Prolonging the washing time does not serve any good purpose here.
Jot water offers the quickest and most effective form of cleaning for most laundry. Warm water help remove wear wrinkles and minimizes dye loss in clothing. Setting the washer to wash at a temperature above 16’C will result in cleaner laundry as the detergent is formulated to clean best at this temperature.
Don’t over-dry your clothes. Over-drying will cause static cling while overloading your dryer will cause excessive wrinkling.
Dry towels and heavier cotton in a separate load from lighter-weight clothes.
Small clothes can get easily stuck in the washer pump. Periodically clean your washer to check if there are clothes in there. Check the manual to find out how you can open up the pump area. This process depends on the model of washer you are using. Carefully remove the small clothes. The next time you wash small clothes such as socks or undergarments, place them in a small mesh bag. This will protect your clothes.
If you have gone overboard in your usage of laundry detergent, you can try correcting the problem by running a hot water cycle and adding one cup of vinegar to the water. This will help get rid of detergent residues and prevent your washer from becoming clogged with clumped detergent.
Laundry Services in Singapore
Sometimes, you may not have enough time to do laundry yourself. In this case, your best option is to hire laundry services in Singapore. They are quite many in Singapore and provide different services including dry cleaning. However, some of them provide poor services or charge a lot of money which may not suit your budget. Therefore, you should analyze them carefully and choose the best.
1. First, check if the launderer you are getting service packages from is close to your residence or if they offer pick-up and delivery services as part of the package. You may not have the time to deliver dirty clothes yourself, so having the laundry service provider pick dirty clothes up at your place can be a great plus.
2. Check whether the laundry service company s registered and licensed to carry out laundry services. This information can be found on their website. You may also ask your friends or relatives.
3. Make sure that their charge rates suit your budget. Also, make sure that the services are worth the amount of money they charge.
4. One other thing that good laundry shops have is a repair service. Before an item is washed, they make sure that it doesn’t have any tear, lest the washing will just make the tear bigger. This service may come with an extra charge, but if it ensures that your clothes are not only clean but also good to wear, then it would be worth what you’re paying.
5. You should also know how soon a laundering facility could return your items in time. Good laundry services in Singapore know how important time is to their customers, and they make sure to meet their customers’ needs. They can accommodate rush, overnight and even delivery jobs.
6. Another mark of a good laundry shop is that they properly classify items according to their type of fabric, and then they service it accordingly. This is done because some materials are more delicate than others; lace garment, for example, need a much lighter wash than, say, a denim jacket. With proper sorting, your items will be kept from damage and returned to you in the best condition.
7. Stains are among the things that need special attention. Blood or wine stains are definitely the worst kinds, but a reliable laundry service provider knows exactly what to do and can solve your problem instantly.
8. Different types of fabric also require different handlings. Your clothes usually come with a tag describing how the laundering process should be done, so double check with your launderer to make sure they understand these instructions properly. Don’t hesitate to provide notes and give verbal instructions to make sure your valuable clothes don’t get damaged in the process.
These are some tips to follow to hire the best laundry service provider in Singapore. Make sure that the company is licensed, close to you and offers top-notch services.